IKLAN HEADER

Header Ads

Cinnabons Cinnamon Rolls



Cinnabons Cinnamon Rolls – a cinnabon copycat recipe, about the closest you’ll get to the real thing. Super easy to make.

Who doesn’t love the cinnabons at the malls? Just walking by their stores and smelling these cinnabons baking, drives me up the walls. It’s very hard to keep on walking and not stop and spend $5 on a cinnabon.

Not to worry my friends! I have found the precious cinnabon recipe. I came across this book, More Top Secret Recipes: More Fabulous Kitchen Clones of America’s Favorite Brand-Name Foods, and inside it I found the copycat recipe for cinnabons. This book is great, it has a lot of copycat recipes of popular food items and this recipe for cinnabons was one of them.

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first, but as I was making them they were looking like the real thing. I have to tell you, they are about as close to the real thing as you’re going to get.

Unbelievable! They are out of this world, and they cost a whole lot less. They’re huge, and they taste exactly the same. I felt like I hit the jackpot. Although they’re not as big as the ones you buy because I wanted to make a dozen with this recipe, so I cut each roll so that’ it’s 1 1/2 inch in height whereas the original ones are 2 1/2 inches.

As these cinnabons were baking, the house smelled amazing, just like it does at the mall when you walk by the cinnabon store. I was so excited. And of course, you cannot have cinnabons without the yummy cream cheese icing.

You will want to try these. I’m so glad I came across this book, I’ll definitely have to try some other recipes from there. I hope you try them and let me know if you liked them as much as I did. Oh and by the way, if you can’t eat them all in one day they last quite a while in the fridge, even 5 days later, just microwave them for 30 seconds and they taste like you just pulled them out of the oven.

I have made this recipe many times over the years and have used both butter and margarine. I believe Cinnabons are originally made with margarine, so if you want to have a true copycat recipe use margarine. Honestly they taste the same to me so it’s your choice, butter or margarine.

Cinnabons Cinnamon Rolls 

Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
Course: Dessert
Cuisine: American
Servings: 12
Calories: 499 kcal

Ingredients : 

Dough

  •     2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
  •     1 cup milk warm
  •     1/2 cup granulated sugar
  •     1/3 cup margarine I used softened unsalted butter
  •     1 tsp salt
  •     2 eggs
  •     4 cups all-purpose flour

Filling

  •     1 cup brown sugar packed
  •     3 tbsp cinnamon
  •     1/3 cup margarine softened

Cream cheese icing

  •     6 tbsp margarine I used unsalted butter
  •     1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  •     1/4 cup cream cheese
  •     1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  •     1/8 tsp salt



No comments